Single Arm Machine Shoulder Press
- Begin by loading the plates onto the shoulder press machine (if you don’t have a plate loaded machine a cable machine works fine too, the cues will transfer over to different kit.)
- Adjust the seat height so that your shoulders are inline with the handles with your feet on the ground.
- Sit down and take a grip on one handle, keeping your elbow inline with your hand and your forearms dropping down perpendicular underneath.
- Begin by pushing the handle away from your shoulder until your arm is extended but not locked. Tip: Focus on driving the elbow towards your head.
- Briefly hold this top position, actively squeezing the muscle and then slowly lower yourself back down to the start position.
- Complete the prescribed sets on this arm and then swap arms.
- Avoid locking the arm out completely at the top of the lift as this can cause damage to the elbow joint.